No mommy! I still want that!
So I decided to be ballsy. Went after the kids' playroom this weekend. The thought of the kids having their own playroom, dedicated to all their toys should scare you in itself. After 3 hours of sorting out junk toys (trinkets from happy meals, gumball machines, etc.) and the kids telling me that they still play with every toy in the room, I carried out 3 huge storage boxes full of toys to sell at a consignment shop and 5 garbage bags full of crap for the dump. I can't believe I can finally see the floor! I got teary-eyed. I thought the cleaning would never end. But it did and I feel so relieved. Please, if any adults without children want to know what to give other kids for gifts, stick to clothes and books. (Although I'm starting to have the same problem with my kids' closets...they each have 2 dressers dedicated to "summer wear" and "winter wear".) Anyhow, as a reward to myself for taking on the playroom, I'm going to enroll in the Oakland A's Women's Baseball 101 clinic at the end of May. You get to learn fielding, pitching and batting tips from the pros, and a few other things I already know (such as keeping a scorebook), and other basics of MLB. I just thought it would be cool to actually get down to the field and take on batting practice, etc. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay the $200 to register, but after the playroom, I think I deserve it! Besides, it goes to a good cause. All proceeds go to benefit the Women's Cardiac Care Service at a local hospital, not the baseball organization itself. And it sounds like too much fun to pass up!


1 Comments:
It warms me heart to see how dedicated you are with your 2 kids....they're so lucky to have you as their mommy~ You are the definition of *Supermom*
Post a Comment
<< Home