short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

9/11 Truck





I just got this in a e-mail from a friend. This is the message in the e-mail:

A truck driver has painted his cab and trailer with the names of all those who lost their lives in 9/11. The trucker 's name is John Holmgren from Shafer, Minn. The trucker has been "pulled over" numerous times just so the troopers can get their picture taken with the truck.

It turns out that he put every penny he had into that project and the graphics company didn't finish the other side because of the lack of finances. So another company in Jersey got the other side filled in. Now the driver and his wife peddles T-Shirts and die cast replicas of the truck in hope of making money to pay off the rest of what they owe the first graphics company. I thought I would post it because I haven't seen anything like it and thought others might enjoy it as well.

4 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rarry said...

The police man looks like Robert De Niro

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Julie said...

You made me shoot gatorade outta my nose!!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

hmmm .. i haven't seen the truck yet, but i'll be sure to get on my CB radio and ask the other truckers to give him a shout for me!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Julie said...

LH: Yes, I love how detailed it is, with everyone's names.

Nam: You have a CB radio? My boyfriend in high school used to have one in his car...lol..I thought it was the funniest thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home