Am I Becoming Anorexic?
I'm working out like a madman! I've been running like I was training for a marathon (I hurt my ankle on Sunday...didn't see the pothole!). I've been lifting weights like I'm trying to become the next Mr. Olympia. I've been doing step aerobics like I was trapped in the 80's when Reebok first introduced it. All I'm missing is my skinny headband to go on my forehead. Am I just overcompensating for eating shitty foods? Am I really still trying to lose a lot of weight? Am I just enjoying what my body is turning into? (You have to remember, after kids, I was the "fat girl" for the longest time). But I have to say, I'm really proud of myself....I've come a long way, baby! My arms are getting really defined. I can see all my muscles everywhere (except my abs...still working on that six pack!). I EVEN HAVE WINGS!!! Do I have body dysmorphia? Or is my mind still trying to catch up with my weight loss, thus thinking its still "fat"? Either way, excercise never killed anyone, so I'm going to keep going. Besides, its not like I'm bulking up. (There's an old post here about women not being able to bulk up because of the lack of testosterone, etc.)
Kaleb had to go into the hospital today for his wheezing. He got his very first inhaler. I wondered how long it would take before he got prescribed one. Jade got her first inhaler when she was four. They take after their dad. I always kid that I should have made him fill out a medical history form before having his babies....lol...his older brother and cousin both have 6 toes on one foot!!! Anyhow, back to the inhaler....Kaleb hates it. Can't say I blame the little man. It tastes like shit.


9 Comments:
awww, poor kaleb.
are you starving yourself? if not, i wouldn't worry too much about anorexian. i'm totally obsessed w/ body image as well. i work out like a fiend just to maintain where i'm at.
if i could get a 6 pack, i'd die happy. right now i'm just happy w/ muscle tone.
wow, lots going on in your family's medical cabinet .. maybe i should come over and sort them out for you!
all kidding aside, respiratory problems are on the rise (probably has something to do with that global-warming thing that keeps making the news and interrupting the "the simpsons") and is expected to get worst. healthcare is going to be on the rise as a result.
LE: Nah, unfortunately I'm not starving myself. I'm stuffing myself...Yesterday, I had 3 strips of galbi, a huge bowl of daen jang ji gae, and all the lettuce and ban chan to go with it. I think I ate enough for 2 1/2 people...Speaking of 6 pack, I can't get rid of my lower gut. I think it may be skin, though. From pregnancy. Either way, its disgusting.
Nam: Where you a pharmacist in a previous life? You seem like the type that would take the holistic approach rather than man made drugs. Do you have an aloe plant growing in your backyard? ;) I wonder what other things will be discovered as a side effect of "global warming"...Something new every year....
you know what part of the problem is? korean food can contain a lot of sodium and msg, esp. the banchan. that leads to water weight which makes it harder to lose that gut.
the only thing that's worked for me is to eat more during the day and have a really light dinner [salad or fruit]. oh and i had to increase cardio, which i hate. i think the change in eating is helping me. if i eat most of my calories during the day, i'm not so hungry later.
Honestly its almost impossilbe to loose that last 10 lbs. without starving yourself. Your body sees fat as an asset so its gonna do everything it can to hold on to it including burning muscle as a fuel source.
I can go on about working out and fat loss all day. If your serious about it shoot me an email and I'll help you set up an workout plan and diet.
i saw a japanese tv show that explained why women get that lower gut thing happening and an easy way to get rid of it. i can't remember the exact reasons why but i believe that less stair climbing was one reason. they said that inflating a plastic bag and bouncing it on the knees like a hacky-sack for 10-15 mins a day did wonders. they took 4 women and scanned the tummy to show a before/after shot and it was quite noticeable after 2 weeks.
women also seem worry about the flab on the tricep muscle. how's yours ? ;p
btw, you can't be anorexic eating like that! i hope you're not purging after eating.
OMG julie, I didn't know they had respitory situations. I have asthma,and I would just die without my inhaler....i take it with me everywhere!
LE: I agree, the cardio is a bitch, but we all know what happens without it. Bleh
Larry: Seriously, you start burning muscle? Even while working out? I know that when you don't work out, you burn muscles instead of fat, but I didn't know it went both ways. :(
Lester:Ugh, no I'm not puking. Seeing it or smelling it (even when my own kids do it), it makes me sick...blech!
Barb: Yeah, they're not frequent, but still enough to make me worry. I don't have asthma, but I feel like when they are wheezing for a few hours, they might start hyperventilating or something!
well, let's hope that your little k hates the inhaler -- because you don't want the pharmacy companies to start marketing them like they're candies!
funny you should ask if i have aloe plants .. closer to truth than you can imagine. my mom is a bona fide herbalist, and, as a child, i was sure i was the son of a witch (which we sometime call her). in the old days, she sure would have ended up on a pyre tied to a stake.
so, i do avoid the doctor like the plague; and try to use some of the natural stuff (mud for bee-sting, camimile brew to relax the nerves, lavendar or rosemary to helm me sleep, etc) when i can.
Post a Comment
<< Home