short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

See Jade Run

I woke up late this morning....30 minutes before the bell was going to ring at school! Ugh....I did it again. Usually I manage to get Jade to school on time, even if I do wake up late, but no such luck today...Got there 3 minutes late. Late enough to make her get a tardy pass. I know Ro will give me a hard time about it, but I can always bring up Jade having to be sent to the office after Kindergarten because he forgot to pick her up....ha ha ha... When I tell Jade that we're super late, she picks up on it and doesn't lollygag too much (she tends to "lounge" on a regular morning). So this morning was "Let's get up!" 2 minutes later, "Here's your cereal!" 5 minutes later, with her mouth still full, "Brush your teeth!" "Put on your clothes!" "Here's your shoes!" "Brush your hair" all the while, I'm chanting, "Go, Jade, Go! Go, Jade, Go!" I think from start to finish, it took us 20 minutes. That may be a record. And that look of disappointment on her face when I told her she had to buy lunch. Poor kid. So why do I keep waking up late? I've been suffering from insomnia lately for some reason. I'm in bed, relaxed, eyes closed, but won't fall asleep for hours. And when I start to doze off, my son will cry in the middle of the night, waking me up with a start! Then after he is taken care of, I feel wide awake again, not being able to fall asleep for a few hours again. And this will go on until about 3:30 a.m. or so, and I get up around 6 or 6:30. (Hey, just because you stay home with kids doesn't mean you get to sleep in until noon, right?) I guess I'm not as relaxed as I think.
A few random thoughts:
*I've lost the 5 lbs I've gained from last week. Took me 3 days.
*I'm in love with another perfume...Tender Touch by Burberry...must get soon.
*I'm in love with a truck....The 2005 Dodge Ram extended quad cab (does that thing got a HEMI?)
*Need to prepare for a board retreat next week to revise our strategic plan. July 1 (new fiscal year) is when we're cutting off ties with the county and becoming a 501(c)3. I'm just dreading being locked up in a room with the other board members for 7 hours straight. We all get along great. It's just that I secured that position at the age of 25, and the others are close to 50. And even though we have a common goal, the way we think sometimes differ because of the quarter of a century age gap. Its not too often, but I'm sure it will come up sometime in those 7 hours. But hey, in the end, it's all about the kids.

8 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Barbara aka Yooni said...

Like I said you're a *supermom* a *MILF supermom*, heh

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

5 lbs in 3 days? wow. you're doing south beach right? how's that working for you?

jade...that's such a pretty name.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

sounds like you're on the go! but at least you know that at the end of the day: it's about the kids.

speaking of, ever watch wanda sykes comedy special where she talks about the kids? i'll have to find excerpts and post them. she goes on about "it's all about the kids."

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Julie said...

AA: You need to stop!!! lol...you need to get your eyes checked

LE: I love the SB diet. It works great. I'm just back in the really restrictive phase for now, but I get to eat good carbs, good fats/oils. It's based on fresh foods like fruits and veggies and lean meats, and cooking is involved, so you stay away from as much processed food as possible. I think its just smarter eating. So I love it.

Nam: Nope, never saw that. But I have seen a few of the Wanda Sykes show comedy episodes...Working at a brothel, as a repo man, forensics handler. Pretty funny stuff...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

i browsed the South Beach book some time ago. it seemed like phase 2 and phase 3 seemed like sensible eating. you just have to learn to stay away from the bad carbs.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LE: And now I'm scared shitless to eat the "white" carbs. I'm afraid of what it can do to me...isn't that stupid? But I do get scared. Girl, I even gave up white rice. How crazy is that? Now all my carbs are either in veggies or dairy, or Brown carbs.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

oh, for your boardroom mtg next week .. be sure to remind yourself to turn off your moantone ringer .. that could get embarrassing if it goes off at an inapprorpriate moment!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hmm...I was debating whether I should turn it off or not...But I've decided I will keep it on. It will remind them how much older they are than me, and that cell phones do have that kind of ring!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home