short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Tailgate!!!

It was pretty cool...however, I was too drunk to even remember what really happened...all I know is that the A's won, (don't remember the score) and Danny Haren pitched a complete game. I guess what they say is true, dieting messes up your alcohol tolerance! First of all, I don't think I've gotten drunk for at least 3 years or so. After that long drought, and having been on a pretty strict diet, I decided to have a "few" drinks before the game...Well, there I am, 5 shots, 2 malt liquors, 2 beers and a vodka cocktail later, screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs (actually, I do that when I'm sober, too). My ass had to wait 2 hours after the game to sober up...sheesh...My dad seems to think I take after him in the alcohol department. Not likely!!! When I'm drunk, I don't beat my chopsticks on the dinner table singing Korean folk songs. Here are some pictures of us tailgaters. There are enough pictures of me to last a lifetime...
And don't let my eyes scare you...they look all messed up cuz I was D-R-U-N-K!!! And even though LE had me scared for a little while there, I woke up hangover-free. (But I don't count on that lasting any much longer...unless I really do take after my dad!)

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

if i take after my dad in the booze department, i'd have to get belligerent and start fights. hehe. thank god i don't take after him.

lucky you! some people just don't get hangovers.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Ah...sometimes my dad gets like that too...not me...I hug and kiss everyone (on the cheek, you perv!) :)

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger grace said...

i get all happy when i'm drunk. i don't get angry unless i drink gin. heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home