short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Friday, May 06, 2005

My boys are back!! (for the time being)

If you follow baseball, you know the A's are getting bitch slapped all over the AL. So you can imagine my joy when they kicked the Yankees' asses today! I almost ran out into the street!!! I'm happy that the offense is finally starting to pick up. Zito has been doing well, but his offense can't seem to get in a win for him. Did you know that in his second start of this season, this Cy Young winner's ERA was an astonishing 11.57?! I'm happy to report that as of today, his 2005 ERA is now 5.48 (still pretty bad, but it's an improvement). Uhhhhh, and their new closer, Huston Street? First major league debut this season, strikes out Sammy Sosa! Mmmm, and I can't seem to take my eyes off his ass...hee hee. I can't help it, the TV camera gives me a nice view....I feel like Mrs. Robinson! That is one hot, 21 year old tender roni!! Mmm, mmm, mmm! Okay, enough about him...but really, he is a great pitcher. I am going to make sure I get to go to a Yankee's game when they get here next weekend. Preferably along the 3rd base line, where I can get a good view of Derek Jeter! He's hot! And all kidding aside, I love the game, but hey, I can't help it if the guys are hot! It just makes it even more fun for me!

Other things I did today:
*Tried to go shopping for new clothes, but I can't bring myself to spend money on "in-between" clothes. I've lost 6 dress sizes in the last 4 months, but still haven't met my goal, so I don't want to get too much stuff because I expect to lose about 2 more sizes.
* Bought my new Tender Touch by Burberry perfume, and can I just say it smells fantastic?
*Had Jade following me around all day asking, "What do you like? What do you want?" and when I'd respond, she'd say, "No, something else!" I can't win. I know she's just trying to get an idea of what to get me for Mother's day, but she keeps saying no! Sheesh! Like I'll say "Just hugs and kisses" and she'll say, "No, something else!" "A new digital camera?" "No, something else!". I kinda didn't know what the point was to ask and then dismiss, but oh well. She's such a sweet kid and just wants everything to be perfect, but at this point, I don't know what to tell her anymore. She's stressing out about it, so I told her I'd think about it tonight and tell her tomorrow. I hope I think of something that she approves of! I drink tons of coffee, so I might just ask for another coffee mug or something. Keep it simple, right?
*Been trying to break in a new softball glove for the last few days. Oil it, wrap it, play catch, repeat, repeat, repeat!!! What a pain! It's still as stiff as a board. At this point, I'm thinking of going to the batting cages to catch the balls from the machines to break in my glove!
*Found a new cell phone provider! I'm going with T-Mobile. They've got a plan that gives you 1000 anytime, unlimited nights/weekends, free long distance, and a few other things for $45 a month at Costco. And the $200 phone has all kinds of rebates, so its about $30. And Costco gives you a rebate for the activation fee, too! I'm fine with that. Other plans that offer 1000 anytime wants $60-75 a month.
*Cut my son's hair today. Boy, I'm dangerous with baby sized clippers. But his hair should grow in and cover the mistakes in a few days....hey, at least it's not a bowl cut...my brother and I used to have them as kids, and I promised never to do that with either of my kids.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

i can't say i relate to your shopping experience. i'm very list-based when it comes to shopping. i know what i need, and i know where i need to go to get it.

the last time i went on a 'proper' shopping trip, it was with my friend. she wanted to get a few things so she could look good for the holidays. this was my frist time shopping with her. to my surprise, it turned out to be much different than i had expected.

as we drove closer to the shopping centre, she turned to me and said, 'nam, excuse me while i place a phone call' and i said, 'sure, do what you need to.'

'hi, janice .. this is (friend's name) and i'm just a few minutes away. should i park and come in or curb-side it? .. fine, i'll see you shortly'

what followed next sorta floored me. we had parked curb-side and my friend had popped the trunk. a woman came with a few shopping bags and greeted my friend. i was politely introduced. this was janice, placing the shopping bags in my friend's trunk. they hugged, and we drove to the marinna for lunch.

janice was my friend's personal shopper. she has been using janice's service for several years. apparently, janice keeps a record of everything she buys for my friend, and gives my friend a list of recommended mix-and-match outfits.

i'm efficient, but not that efficient of a shopper!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

happy mother's day!

i've got t-mobile...no complaints so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home