short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I don't like my new phone

I went to Costco and got my new T-Mobile phone. It sucks. It friggin makes separate entries for one person if they have multiple numbers. Sheesh! My last phone, you had one person listed, and you could scroll within their name to find a cell phone, home phone, etc. But my new phone has to have Julie home, Julie cell, Julie work all separate. I'm pretty sure its like that unless I missed it in the manual, but I read the book front to back 3 times. It just doesn't have a whole lot of features. It's got a camera...Big whoop. So if any of my Nextel friends are reading this, you can't 2 way me anymore....
Oh! I have semi-good news! Our local motorcyle training school is ALWAYS full. I mean, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in that class! The day they release the schedule (which is always one month ahead), the classes for that month fill up in a matter of hours. There is a new class every week. And there's no waiting list. So you basically have to call the hour they release the scedule, or forget it. Anyhow, I called them this morning and the guy told me the best thing to do is to call tomorrow after 1:30 and if this one guy doesn't have his check in by that time (it has to be mailed within 2 weeks of reserving your spot) then I can get in!!! Whoohoo!!!! And there's another situation like that for the week after, where I plan to slip my husband in. Double whoohoo!!! Hell yeah!!! Imma get me a bike!!! So cross your fingers for me and hope that I can get my license by the end of next month...but hey, I've been waiting for 12 years so it won't kill me if I don't....

7 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

a requirement of all product reviews: please post the make and model so we know what to avoid!

that does sound like a hassle to use. i am actually using a cell phone from years ago, and thinking about plugging in the rotary phone just for the 'retro' feel.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey!! It's not like I'm 16! I have pretty good judgement when on the road! ;)

When I was changing phones yesterday, the dude looked a little wet behind the ears...anyhow,I got to talking about them thick ass mobile phones from the 80's...of course he doesn't know about them. Then he said,"Oh...wait, you mean the rectangle ones with the big flip on it?" And I said ,"Wait a minute, that was MY first cell phone"..sheesh

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Rarry said...

Sounds like you are saving the #s to your SIM card. You have to switch to address book mode so you can save mulitiple #s under one entry

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Lar, Got it!
My Nextel would save the # on my SIM card, but at the same time be in the phonebook mode. So I had no idea they were separate things. It took me a while, but I figured out that I had to switch from SIM to phonebook (even though SIM was under the phonebook), then add the numbers (which still came up as separate entries), and then switch again to "see primary contacts" mode. What a pain in the ass! But thanks...got it done!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

i have a tmobile phone, too. the multiple entries don't bother me b/c i find it easier to search.

i want to learn to ride a motorcycle, too. everytime i bring up the subject, my boyfriend starts warning about potential injuries. :(

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Julie said...

My dad was going to get me a bike (He wanted to ride, too) when I was 16. The day we were going to buy it, my mom changed her mind because she was freaking out (I guess I can see where I wouldn't want my 16 year old daughter riding a bike) so it was basically snatched out from under me and I've been wanting to do this since. But then I started getting pregnant and shit. Dammit...just kidding...So it's been on hold for my dad and me(he didn't have a reason to buy a bike anymore, since he wouldn't buy it for "himself") So he taught me how to shoot guns when I was 16 instead...lol

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

your dad sounds cool. my mom would have reacted the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home