short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Monday, August 08, 2005

things i did last week

~ Fell off my bike. Yes, I laid him down and ATE SHIT! And I didn't wear any protection. No helmet, gloves, etc. (hey, it was just on my street... no biggie, right?) HA! Makes me think twice about doing that again! But I just got up, didn't say anything, picked up my bike and walked inside the house. (How embarassing... )

~ Got rear ended while sitting at an intersection, waiting for the red light to change. The driver got out... 16 year old girl, first accident! She started sobbing, so my motherly instincts kicked in "Hey, it's alright.... It happens.... It's just a car... No one got hurt..." etc. And what are the fucking chances that my yellow truck gets rear ended by another yellow truck??? (Whose idea of a joke was this?)

~Got my tongue pierced... for the 3rd time. Must've gone through the same scar tissue because after a few days, it's pretty much completely healed (instead of the standard 4-12 weeks). My first 2 times, I was MISERABLE! Swollen tongue for weeks, couldn't talk, couldn't eat... Why 3 times? I first got it done 12 years ago when body piercings started to come out. I had to take it out when I joined the military. Got it done again after training. Took it out when I got pregnant. Now I got it again. And it didn't hurt at all this time. My eyes didn't even tear up! I guess the 3rd time's a charm. Thank God I have a really high tolerance for pain.

~ Discovered I am part wolverine. With all the harm I've been doing to my body (the knuckles, the crash, the tongue), it's amazing how fast I've been healing. It only took about 6 days for my knuckles to heal (and the doc wanted me in a splint for 3 weeks. HA!)

~ Went shopping and bought my first mini skirt in 8 years! Woo hoo! And I tried to get a pair of those flip flops that have the bottle opener on the soles (those are bad) but they only had the large sizes left! Rat bastards...

9 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

I sense a HNT pick involving the mini skirt....

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pierced my tongue once, i left it in for a week.. i had to take it out because my then boyfriend hated it.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Os: You're going to wear a mini skirt for HNT?!

Jules: Aw, that's too bad.. I could've told you about some techniques that would've REALLY made him love it.... hehe.. my ex hubs liked it but didn't like the idea of me being pierced (not very Stepford wife-ish)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger grace said...

yowch! i am always afraid it's going to hurt... even though i have a pretty high tolerance for pain...

bet you're the coolest mom on the block :P

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

part wolverine! that's hilarious.

i've never heard of those flip flops. you must buy a pair and show me.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Grrr: Yeah, let's see if Jade feels that way in 6 years when she hits her teens. I'll be the uncoolest mom... hehe

LE: Well they're not restocking because summer is almost over... I'll see if I can dig up a pic online. They're made by "Reef" and sold at Journey's and skate/surf shops (but not at Pac Sun)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Barbara aka Yooni said...

O U C H!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Rarry said...

Nooo ... you dumped your bike! Poor bike... I hope ist ok.... Oh yeah hope you ok too ;p

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Julie said...

AA: Ohhh.. it didn't hurt. I didn't scream like a little bitch after I saw all the blood this time. just kidding... I swear, it just felt like a pinch...

KMII: I KNOW! my poor baby... at least my skin grows back and bruises heal... but his plastics.... *sob sob*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home