Today Was Baseball 101 Day
Well, I just got back from the Baseball Clinic that the Oakland A's hosted. It was good as far as the freebies I got, but the on-field action was pretty boring. See, they told us to bring our gloves, we would practice fielding, hitting, pitching, etc. But time kept running out, and all we got were lectures from the coaches. WHY??? Obviously, (it was a women's only clinic) we were pretty hard core fans, so yes, we knew how to keep score, we knew the difference between curveballs, fastballs, change ups, 4 seam and 2 seam pitches, etc. I wanted to play!!! But we didn't even need to put on our gloves....Bleh.. But the fun part was meeting Crosby, having unlimited BBQ and beer, and watching the game, (which they won). I have yet to attend a game where they have lost. I must be good luck....ha ha ha.... So below are a few pictures from today. Don't mind my messed up hair. It was in a cap all afternoon!!!!


3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
you may have wanted to play but i think they were really afraid to get their asses kicked by some girls the way they're playing these days. i honestly wasn't going to say anything about the A's but all this talk of baseball and, well...
You should've seen it! There were women in their 50's that were ready to catch fly balls and dive!!! I really wanted to participate in the pitching clinic when we were in the bullpen, but the coach wouldn't stop talking...
Post a Comment
<< Home