For you, Barbs
Okay, ok....So per AmerAzn's request, I'm coming out of hiding! not much to blog about, except the heat is killing me!! At least the kids get to play in the sprinklers...how fun...do you remember doing that as a kid? I've done yardwork...rode the rider mower for the first time this weekend! I tried it when we first got it, but it was hard to maneuver and shift, etc. But this time around, I was very comfortable and was able to do the front and back yard...oh, we had our "Incorporation" meeting yesterday, so now we are finally an official 501(c)3!!! No longer under the county, but the County Board of Supervisors are giving us $150,000 to start, and they are giving us a principal executive office in the courthouse! So it sounds like we're pretty set for the first year. I figure that money will go to the Executive Director's salary and the case manager. We can't seem to get any funds for those. We'll have to go after as many grants as possible for the programs...
I haven't been watching baseball....its too depressing. I wonder how far back they are now?! I know they're behind the Mariners in last place, so its pretty bad (no offense, Lester! lol..) I mean for crying out loud, they've lost to the devil rays...THE DEVIL RAYS!!!!
So today, its just cleaning the house, letting the kids run in the sprinklers again, and give them Otter Pops until the cows come home!!!


8 Comments:
Thanks Jules!~!~! You're so good at this blogging shit that I was starting to miss your writting!
Have you heard anything from the interviews?
yep...got rejected. solely on my inexperience with creating reports with excel. I'm at intermediate and they want super advanced..but I had everything else they were looking for....oh well....I thought for sure I would do okay because she kept giving me scenarios and kept saying "good answers...." etc. boo them
You have to love the sprinklers. The other week I had a whole water world going on in the back yard.
I know....I can't wait until my kids are a little bit more sturdy so I can get them the slip and slide. Those were sooooooo fun!!!
we used to tear up the grass playing with the sprinklers on .. but, oddly, never got into trouble as the parents were fond of saying, "they're just kids!"
Today I looked at a slip and slide box at the store. It looks like they are for children 5 and over.
offense taken, JM! still a lot of baseball left. we'll see who ends up where in the standings.
incorporation??
what are otter pops??? sorry, we don't have those in Canada.
Yes Lester......
We shall see.....
Otter Pops are juice bars that you freeze, and they've been around FOREVER!!!!
You can see them here:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=otter+pops+picture&tab=Web&fr=my-vert-web-top
Post a Comment
<< Home