short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Thursday, May 26, 2005


too cute!
JadedManiac

14 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

great-looking family!

btw i love your profile pic. very chic.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

lol...thanks....fiddling around with my new camera...I'm going back to your blog tomorrow. I noticed that you had mentioned the Lost season finale, and I immediately closed your window. I have it on my TiVo, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, and I was afraid I might read about something important in the show. But I'm about to turn it on right now.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

that is the cutest picture i've seen in a long time! you should enter her in local talent competitions .. unless you're against that sorta things. having lived for a few years in southern calif, that was the hobby of lots of parents.

indeed, very cute.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I have put my daughter in a couple of pageants. This picture here is actually a western themed one in our city. She took home a 3rd place trophy at the Hawaiian Tropics (yes, like the suntan lotion) beauty pageant. But being a former pageant participant myself, I'm not a freaky pageant mom! I do it more for her self confidence, since she is super shy and doesn't talk much to new poeple in general. So it has helped, I believe she is a bit more outgoing now, having faced judges and hundreds of audience members..

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

haha, i don't have any spoilers, but there may have been some mention in the comments. the finale was just my 2nd episode. i just watch it for matthew fox.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

what you said .. she is super shy and doesn't talk much to new poeple in.. reminds me of when i was (still am!) shy, but mistaken for snobbery. ;-)

going to the prom twice, now that helped my confidence!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I love Lost....I love JJ Abrams! I love Alias!!! Faithful viewer...

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I'm the same way!!! People think I'm a stuck up bitch because I won't talk to anyone. Its just shyness...And I have major stage fright, can't be the center of attention, can't do presentations, etc. I don't want my daughter to have to go through that...

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

good idea .. i recommend getting her into voice/glee club as soon as she's elligible! that will really develop her voice!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Julie said...

oh...she doesn't need it. Her voice is so husky and loud (yes, out of that little body). Do you know that a baby's lung's aren't fully developed even when they come out? I went into preterm labor with her at around 24 weeks (I was dilated and everything). She wouldn't have made it if she'd come out then. So I'd have to get steroid shots in my ass twice a week for about 11 weeks, "just in case she comes out early" and let me tell you, I think they worked...

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Nam LaMore said...

BTW: i noticed your new glam portrait .. pink is always hot! you look great .. you can pass for an international woman of mystery!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thank you Nam...I'm trying to be mysterious about my age! I'm trying to keep up "the Look" so that when Jade gets to be a teenager, I can pass for her older sister....lol...

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How cute. You should be proud.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Mquest...I thought I'd share with everyone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home