short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you all stuffed your faces and drank til you puked! I celebrated yesterday with my cousins (in-laws) and went to my parents house today for some yummy BBQ. And later tonight, we're going to watch the fireworks that the city is putting on near the park. Ok....I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good fireworks show. It's just so.... hypnotic...*all the sparkly lights are so purty*...Too bad its just the kids and me. If I had another adult with me to drive, I could enjoy the show while sipping on some champagne.

I've been so cranky lately. I don't know if its the cheat foods and my body isn't agreeing with it, or because I've been irritated for the last few days because of a certain issue I'm dealing with, or if I'm PMSing, or if the heat is getting to me. (Today is 100 degrees). If it's a combination of all of them, I might as well hide under the covers for the rest of the week...

I'm not too big on shopping, but I wanted to take advantage of the sales the department stores were having. Of course when I get there, what I want has been cleaned out of my size...But Macy's and Victoria's secret were well stocked, so I bought a few things. (No, nothing fancy, just a few new bras, since my weight loss made my boobs SHRINK!)...At least I didn't go home empty handed after driving all that way to get there. And the girl at the candy shop complimented my eyebrows. :)

So now the kids are swimming, until it's time to leave for the show...let's just hope I don't melt in this heat...

9 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Happy 4th!

I like the profile pic change!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

i like the profile pic, too! glad you had fun.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Julie said...

osbasso: Thanks! Like your change, too!

LE:Like yours, too...very sexy!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Lester T. said...

hope you had a good time!

on a sad note, bret boone... :( for your sake, maybe he'll get traded to the a's for say, fellow canadian rich harden?? ;P oh and btw, did you know that we have the a's single 'a' farm team (vancouver canadians) here?

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LH: Thank you! What is Nov 5?

LT: I KNOW!!! I saw him crying during the press conference... does he know what he's going to do?Hell no, we're not giving up Harden. Beane would get lynched, for sure. Yes, I knew about the Vancouver Canadians ;)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lester T. said...

i don't think he knows because there's a deadline and if nobody trades for him, then he goes on waivers before getting sent down to the minors. i think he might retire (rather than suffer the indignity of going back down to the minors) if nobody trades or picks him up off of waivers. i think you jinxed him when you mentioned that you hadn't heard about him in awhile. damn you!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Rarry said...

I like when fireworks EXPLODE the best ;P

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LH: That's quite symbolic!

LT: That's so sad. And he's doing all right (not great, but...) He must've been getting a pretty large salary...

KMII: No way, get out! That's my favorite part, too! :) I always look forward to the end, the grand finale, non-stop explosions...

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kis Lee said...

i hope you have your hnt pic this week. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home