short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

is this normal?

I was just at the IT department because I needed to burn some DVDs. While I was there, I had a cordial conversation with the guy that was helping me. At the end of the conversation (when I was packing up my things to leave), he asked me for my telephone number and wanted to know if I ever wanted to hang out. The thing is, he just got married a couple of months ago. I hesitated and asked "Hang out when, after work?" and he said yes. I told him probably not, I don't really have time. I'm always with my kids, etc. So he gave me his telephone number instead and told me to call him if I changed my mind. And most of you know that I have trust issues with men so of course that was my first instinct (that it probably wasn't a good thing). But am I reading into it too much? Could it be that he really just wants to be friends? Do any of you guys with significant others ask other women for their number with the intention of just being friends and hanging out? Just weird.....

[edit: also, it completely caught me off guard because I was not expecting that at all. (It kinda put me on the spot) I didn't feel a "vibe", we weren't flirting or anything, just having a computer/work related conversation, etc.]

8 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not married so i don't know what's the norm. seems a bit weird to me.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Barbara aka Yooni said...

I don't do that, and I'm assumming my hubby doesn't. I don't think you're looking too much into it...and he just recenlty got married? Bluntly speaking....I say he thinks you're hot and is hoping to get in your pants!~

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LE: I don't know what is the norm, either... but it's good to know that I'm not the only one that thinks it's weird.

AA: Yeah, he just got married a couple of months ago. And I've never really been single, so I wasn't sure if that was normal behavior or not. Ha! Ain't no one getting in these pants! ;)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Rarry said...

Its normal behavior for a guy that wants to get in your pants ;P

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

What Lar said. Avoid this guy like the plague!!!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Julie said...

KMII: Hmm... got it.

Os: even if he's super hot? j/p... :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger peachy said...

Call him and tell the wife what he did. HA!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Julie said...

peachy: I should! hehe... I'm not that evil... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home