short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

tagged...

...by the Os-Man

10 years ago:
I was 17, just graduated high school and basically being a little shit. I was living at home in the LA area, I'd stay out all night, go to illegal drag races, drank, became a pool shark, learned how to handle firearms from my dad (9mm, .22 and .38 special), and comtemplated joining the Air Force. If my daughter did even half the things I did at that age, I'd die. I'd just die. (Sorry mom and dad!)

5 years ago:
Jade was about 2, I just started working at the Sheriff's Office as the training coordinator and bartending at a club on the side. Tips were pretty good. Just for working 3 hours, I could come home with $150.00. I remember bartending on Halloween for 4 hours and making nearly $300. And there were 3 of us bartenders and a barback, meaning we split the tips and still made that much money!

Also, I had Lasik surgery done. LOVE IT! That's the best decision I've ever made in my life, hands down! I was as blind as a bat and kept getting pinkeye from my contacts and my glasses were so thick that they would make me dizzy sometimes. I think I was 20/800 or something CRAZY like that (the opthamologist couldn't even evaluate me properly at my first appt because I was literally off the chart). The entire procedure took 15 minutes, the actual surgery itself probably took about 30-45 seconds per eye and 20 minutes later, my vision was 20/40. the next day I went back for my post op check up, I was 20/20. At my one week check up, I was 20/15. 5 years later, I'm still 20/15 and going strong! It's an amazing feeling to have bionic eyes after being blind for so long. Unless you have bad eyesight, you just wouldn't understand the joy of being able to wake up in the morning and see what time your clock says without having to pick it up and bringing it to your face.


1 year ago:
Was a stay at home mom and enjoying it. I got to volunteer in Jade's class every week, was able to run all the errands I needed to, spent time with my son everyday and I failed a diet. I think it was about the 5th diet I failed in my life.

Yesterday:
Went out to look at another motorcycle with a smaller engine. I'm scared of my bike now. I dropped it again on Sunday (doh!). But it's okay, that's why I bought a used bike, I knew I would drop it a few times. Anyhow, I thought I was crazy for being intimidated by my bike, but I guess not. My STBX was doing fine on his bike (exact same as mine) and he dropped it on Saturday, and now I think he's trippin' about dropping it again, too. So I'm going to get a smaller bike and then conquer my regular bike. I shall not be defeated!!! :)

5 snacks I enjoy:
I don't really eat snacks, but I do like tortilla chips and salsa or salsa con queso and ranch flavored corn nuts.

5 songs I know all the words to:
I love music, so I pretty much know all the words to almost any song. I sing in my car all the time.

5 things I would do with $100 million:
travel the world. pass them out to family and friends. set up trust funds for my kids and future grandchildren. Buy everything I've ever wanted. Invest a good chunk into real estate properties (residential/apts and commercial)

5 places I'd run away to:

my mom's house, back home to SoCal, Fiji Islands, Seattle, Mexico


5 things I'd never wear:
I don't wear jewelry, but I definitely wouldn't wear yellow gold. Never liked it. Looks good on other people, but it's not my taste. Anything that gives me camel toe or makes me look like sausage coming out of it's casing. Boy clothes (jeans, t-shirts, anything from the men's dept., etc.). Colored socks. Pants that have ankle openings that are smaller than the thighs (tapered?)

5 favorite TV shows:
never have time for TV, so thank god for TiVo!
Alias, Nip/Tuck, Cold Case, Forensic Files, Food Network shows

5 biggest joys:

Aside from the obvious, my kids...
Time I have for myself, a good laugh, the company of good friends, music, foooooood

5 favorite toys:
no, I don't own a vibrator... although its probably about time for me to start looking into getting one... :P ....my boat, my motorcycle, TiVo, pc, bbq grill


5 bloggerfriends I'm supposed to tag with this:
Hmm... I think everyone has done this.... well, anyone on my sidebar that hasn't done this yet, you're it!




6 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did this one already.

i looooove nip/tuck. the next season needs to start already.

pool shark, huh? you could have been like Jeanette Lee and made a fortune. :)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Nicely done! Glad I tagged you!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Calvin said...

"I was living at home in the LA area, I'd stay out all night, go to illegal drag races, drank, became a pool shark, learned how to handle firearms from my dad (9mm, .22 and .38 special), and comtemplated joining the Air Force."

holy cow! that's like a totally different person from the current you eh?!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Calvin said...

umm, i'll do the tag when i get some space to breathe.. :-)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LE: i know, i wish it would hurry up and air! well, pool and races were about the only things to do back then :)

Os: Thanks!

s!: yes, very different. those were pre kid days. i still like to have fun and get my adrenaline going, but only by using legal means :P

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger peachy said...

Oh no (about dropping your bike)!! I'm glad you're ok. Email me the details and stuff. We'll work through it. tashanjemma at gmail dot com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home