short and sweet

The daily challenges of being a recently divorced single working mom to a 7 and 4 year old, dieting/excercise struggles, my obsession with the Oakland Athletics, my cheeeeeeseburger addiction and anything else that comes with being a woman these days!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

granny on a motorcycle

I didn't realize how expensive my new hobby was... until I got my credit card bill... I didn't put everything on it, but it reminded me of what I spent so far (at least these are just start up costs, things I wouldn't have to pay again)

title transfer and registration ~ 300
dmv application~25
2 armored jackets (I have a regular black/gray one and a pink one.. hehe) ~350
2 helmets (a black one and my pretty pink one)~ 300
armored gloves~ 30
frame sliders~70
new side markers~25
MSF course~200
cost of getting my seat shaved down~75

Grand total = 1,375
and THEN the cost of my bike on top of all that....
fuck....
I'd better be riding until I'm 75 years old... :)

[edit: how the hell could I forget my $175 boots? (and they're plain black, nothing bright!) which brings my new total to $1,550. I'd better be riding until I'm 90 years old!]

7 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Damn--I thought that said "Tranny on a motorcycle". I was all ready to compliment you on the operation!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Os: ha ha ha!!! That almost made me spit out my coffee! Man, I must look more like a guy than I thought! :) hehehe...

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger peachy said...

Woohoo! It's going to be so worth it. Have fun this weekend.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Barbara aka Yooni said...

have fun jules, but becareful!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take some biker babe pics while you're at it. :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Julie said...

peachy: Yeah! I can't wait. First we're going to the parking lot, then on the street! (I live in a rural area, so the back roads are pretty quiet)

AA: I can't wait! And I'll be careful, I'm going to gear up head to toe in the heat... hehe

LE: Hehe... you mean the cheesy kind with the girl all sprawled out on the bike? hahaha.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! that's the spirit. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home